Our extensive proving ground provides an unparalleled venue for product development and validation.
Our comprehensive range of circuits and facilities enable customers to carry out a wide range of activities in a controlled and secure environment, irrespective of vehicle type – motorcycles, cars, commercial, off-highway and military vehicles.
Whatever your objective – vehicle or system performance, durability, NVH, ride quality, braking or chassis development – you will find a range of solutions, including extensive support services, to assist you in achieving the levels of quality required for your development programmes.
Only from the air can you appreciate the sheer scale of our 850-acre proving ground.
To drive around each of the 25 facilities you travel over 100km, which is why HORIBA MIRA is widely regarded as the benchmark vehicle development facility worldwide. Each part of the proving ground has its own role to play. These can be broken down into nine broad areas.
- ASSURED CAV – an ecosystem of facilities to support mobility companies in the design, development and testing of self-driving technology. Featuring high speed, urban and automated parking CAV-enabled test environments, extensive ADAS robotic targets and supporting junction layouts, private 4G & 5G mobile network and ITS G5, simulation platform for virtual scenario testing
- Performance Circuits – allow sustained high-speed, autobahn simulation and rapid mileage accumulation
- Dry Handling Areas – consistent high friction levels and provide excellent traction and high lateral adhesion necessary for vehicle dynamics and driver development
- Wet Handling Circuits – extensive low friction circuits for tyre, braking/ABS, stability control and driver development
- Ride & Handling Surfaces – crucial for refinement and interior comfort development
- Durability Surfaces – produce accelerated durability cycles, carefully correlated with in-territory road-load data and manufacturer derived schedules
- Special Features – test for overall robustness, customer abuse and niche market scenarios
- Noise Generating Surfaces – support exterior noise certification and vehicle homologation
- Cross-Country and Off-Road Circuits – provide loose surfaces and high mobility challenges specifically for, 4×4 and military vehicles
ASSURED CAV Highway
ASSURED CAV City
ASSURED CAV Parking
Inner Durability Circuit
Ride and Handling Circuit
Dry Handling and Stability Circuit
External Noise Measurement Area
Manoeuvres and Kerbing Area
Noise Generating Surfaces
Off Highway Circuit
Straight Line Wet Grip
Twin Horizontal Straights
Unmanned Ground Vehicle Test Area
Wet Handling and Cornering Facility